From Vancouver to Nashville...
It's been three months since we watched Shawn B. pop the big question to everybody's favorite Bachelorette, Kaitlyn Bristowe. Since then, the happy couple have been getting to know each other in the 'real world' and exploring their respective cities.
We recently sat down to chat with the newly engaged couple about life after the show, new hometowns and upping their Snapchat game.
S&K: With aggressive cuddling and toast!
2. WHAT IS THE BEST BREAKFAST/BRUNCH DATE YOU TWO HAVE BEEN ON?
S&K: During the show, we would always wake up and make coffee and breakfast sandwiches—you could kind of say that it was one of our secret getaways. Everything was so new to us - we were in love and had never made breakfast together, so doing something like that was really special (it's the little things right?).
3. DO YOU HAVE A PARTICULAR MORNING ROUTINE?
S&K: It's really a "wake up and run" type of deal lately. We always have somewhere to be!
4. WHO HAS MORE HAIR PRODUCTS?
S&K: We would have to say it's pretty even. [laughs]
"Learning more about each other, spending all your time together, introducing each other as 'fiance', and just knowing we have found the right person. It's really exciting to think about the rest of our lives now."
5. SHAWN, WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CLOTHING ITEM OF KAITLYN?
SHAWN: I love her combat boots. She rocks them!
6. KAITLYN, WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE CLOTHING ITEM OF SHAWN?
KAITLYN: I love Shawn's sweat pants. I don't know why, but there is just something about it—I find him so sexy when he's super comfy.
VANCOUVER TO NASHVILLE
S&K: It has been the same song since day 3, and it still is: "Love You Like That" by Canaan Smith
8. SHAWN, WHAT PART/PLACE OF NASHVILLE DO YOU WANT TO SHOW KAITLYN FIRST?
SHAWN: My house, so she can finally meet my dog "Tucker Doodle Dog" and then downtown Nashville.
9. KAITLYN, WHAT PART/PLACE OF VANCOUVER DO YOU WANT TO SHOW SHAWN FIRST?
KAITLYN: I want to show him where I live and then a Vancouver sunset, hands down nothing beats that!
10. WHAT'S THE WEIRDEST FAN ENCOUNTER YOU'VE BOTH HAD?
KAITLYN: [laughs] Girls screaming and acting like we were monkeys in a cage and watching us eat supper. And, girls telling me that they dream about my fiance.
SHAWN: Probably a girl jumping on me, taking a picture and sending it to the magazines saying I was "flirty."
"Being able to show the world our love isn't dramatic, it's real."
THE SOCIAL GAME
11. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE SOCIAL MEDIA APP?
S&K: Snapchat DUH!
12. OKAY, FOR REAL: HOW MUCH TIME DOES IT TAKE TO CURATE A SNAPCHAT POST?
S&K: Seconds, we are naturals!
13. WHAT'S THE BEST PART OF HAVING SUCH A STRONG SOCIAL MEDIA FAN BASE?
S&K: Being able to show the world that our love isn't dramatic, it's real.
"Food, music and dad jokes - he has a lot of dad jokes and that is attractive to me. He also has introduced me to a little thing called 'water.' Apparently it's good for you."
14. WILL YOU GUYS POST ANOTHER "BEDROOM" INSTAGRAM (SINCE THE LAST ONE WAS SO CONTROVERSIAL..)?
S&K: How dare us! Haha yes, HELL YES we will.
15. WHAT IS THE MOST EMBARRASSING MOMENT YOU'VE HAD TOGETHER BEING INTERVIEWED THUS FAR?
S&K: Having a laugh attack because we get asked the same questions every time.
16. KAITLYN, WHAT'S ONE THING THAT SHAWN HAS INTRODUCED INTO YOUR LIFE?
KAITLYN: Food, music and dad jokes—he has a lot of dad jokes and that is attractive to me haha. He has also introduced me to a little thing called "water." Apparently it's good for you.
17. SHAWN, WHAT'S ONE THING THAT KAITLYN HAS INTRODUCED INTO YOUR LIFE?
SHAWN: Laughing hard, Canadiana and Snapchats. Specifically, fake tattoos, a solid Snapchat emoji game and poutine, which I call "pountine".
18. HOW HAS YOUR RELATIONSHIP EVOLVED AND GROWN SINCE THE SHOW?
S&K: We have been able to get mad at each other, learn how to argue reasonably, and learn from it. That makes every relationship grow - as long as you learn from it.
19. IS NORMAL LIFE AS GOOD AS THE EPIC DATES ON THE SHOW?
S&K: It's MUCH better!
KAITLYN (left) in FRYE Women's Melissa Button Boot in "Cognac Soft Vintage Lthr", SHAWN (right) in FRYE Men's Jim Saddle's in "Brown/Dark Brown Suede"
SHAWN (left) in Unisex Converse Chuck Taylor All Star High Street Mono Canvas in "Black", KAITLYN (right) in Unisex Converse Chuck Taylor CORE HI in "Optical White"
"Frye boots couldn’t be more perfect for Vancouver and Nashville. They are good for the rain, trendy for Vancouver and stylish for Nashville"
20. WHY ARE CONVERSE HIGH-TOPS SO PERFECT FOR YOU TWO?
KAITLYN: They are perfect for every season, I even have converse winter boots I bought in Germany. Plus we find them Bad Ass!
21. ARE THE FRYE BOOTS & OXFORDS A GOOD FIT FOR YOUR NEW CITIES?
KAITLYN: Frye boots couldn't be more perfect for Vancouver and Nashville. They are good for the rain, trendy for Vancouver and stylish for Nashville.
22. WHEN IT COMES TO SHOES, WHAT'S THE MOST IMPORTANT ASPECT? (COMFORT, STYLE, HEIGHT)
KAITLYN: Comfort and style. Shawn is tall and sometimes this little nugget needs some height [laughs]. We have discovered that we have an eye for fashion, and also we are always doing something. So, comfort is key.
23. WHAT DOES THE FUTURE HOLD FOR THE TWO OF YOU -- ARE YOU GUYS STILL GOING TO SHARE YOUR LIVES ON SOCIAL MEDIA? WE LOVE FOLLOWING BOTH OF YOU AND DON'T WANT IT TO EVER END...
S&K: We kind of want to start a Youtube channel. We love being together, challenging each other, traveling, laughing and letting the world see how happy we are. There aren't enough cheesy love stories out there and we want people to believe in real love. IS THAT CHEESY OR WHAT?!! [laughs]
24. WHAT'S THE BEST PART OF BEING ENGAGED?
S&K: Everything. But, learning more about each other, spending all your time together, introducing each other as "fiance" and just knowing we have found the right person. It's really exciting to think about the rest of our lives now.
25. ARE THERE ANY PLANS BEING MADE FOR A WEDDING?
S&K: Not yet, it's still early. There is no doubt we want to get married; we just also want to enjoy every moment right now of being engaged.
26. CAN WE BE INVITED? WE'LL BRING THE SHOES!
S&K: ...Well, when you put it that way.
27. IF YOU GUYS WERE TO WRITE A COUNTRY SONG ABOUT EACH OTHER, TAKE US OUT WITH THE LAST LINE:
S&K: I would do anything for love, including breach a 5 million dollar contract and snap out our love secret to the world.
"We have been able to get mad at each other, learn how to argue reasonably, and learn from it. That makes every relationship grow – as long as you learn from it."